NEW COURSES FOR SPRING
JUST AVAILABLE – TREE SURVEY COURSE
Friday 20 March, Wrekin Golf Club, Golf Links Lane, Telford TF6 5BX
£175 + VAT pp
Last Booking Dates fast approaching - don’t miss out!
Spring Cricket Preparations Bishop Auckland
Winter Sports Pitch Maintenance Derby
Sports Line Marking Ferndown
Machinery/Equipment Induction for groups of Seasonal Grounds Staff
Of particular interest to Local Authorities and Sports Field Contractors
A 1-day course available for minimum 4, maximum 8 participants, designed to familiarise them with the safe operation of hand-held equipment. Typically this will include Strimmers, Blowers and Pedestrian Mowers but other equipment may be included on request.
The course is delivered by an experienced turf professional and participants achieve a Pitchcare Certificate of Attendance.
Guide price £95 + VAT per person. email chris@pitchcare with your requirements.
1-day Spring Cricket Pitch Preparations:
Bishop Auckland, Banbury, Guildford, March, Christchurch, Loughborough
New 2-day Spring Cricket Pitch Preparations course incorporating practical demonstrations
Winter Sports Pitch Renovations:
Bowls Greens Maintenance:
Sports Line Marking:
PA1/PA6 Refresher Allscott, 25 March
Click on the COURSES tab above for more information and to book your place
DID YOU KNOW:
That we have three niche courses available, both designed and delivered by our in-house ecologist/botanist? These are not offered as open courses but can be delivered on site, either on a 1:1 basis or for groups of up to 12.
* The Management and maintenance of Ponds, Ideal for golf greenkeepers, estate managers, contractors and others with water courses at their facilities, the course can be adapted to your particular situation.
* The Management and maintenance of Wild Flower Meadows, Ideal for golf greenkeepers, contractors, forward-thinking local authorities, academic institutions, country estates etc.
* Turf Culture, Ideal for those seeking a more in-depth understanding of the creation and maintenance of a quality playing surface, and for lawn turf professionals.
• An introduction to plant cell biology – The implications of photosynthesis
• Essential soil science – Soil texture and structure, the science and field skills
• Basic Grass Identification – Species commonly used within sports turf
• Cultural management – Objectives and machinery
• Basic Weed Identification and control – Weed species commonly found in turf
email chris@pitchcare if you are interested in any of the above courses
ABOUT GROUNDSMAN TRAINING
Our focus is on training which supports Groundsmen to create quality sports and amenity facilities. Many of our courses are also suitable for Greenkeepers, Contractors and Landscapers.
Pitchcare is the ONLY independently accredited provider of customised one day training courses specifically for the sports turf industry.
Our LANTRA accredited courses include:
Cricket Pitch Maintenance
Winter Sports Pitch Maintenance
Bowls Greens Maintenance
Artificial Surfaces Maintenance
Why is this accreditation important?
Because LANTRA is the Government approved Sector Skills Council for the Sports Turf Industry, recognised by employers and insurers. Unlike other providers who offer self evaluated and self assessed training, Pitchcare courses, their content and instructors are all independently assessed and verified by LANTRA.
LANTRA and NPTC are your guarantees of quality.
We specialise in group training on site at the client’s premises, and welcome enquiries from local authorities, schools, groundcare and property maintenance contractors etc.
Topics available for groups include:
Winter Sports Turf Maintenance, Bowls Greens and Synthetic Sports Surfaces Maintenance, Spring Cricket Preparations, Autumn Cricket Renovations, Pesticides PA1/PA2/PA6, Stem Injection Treatment for the Control of Invasive Species such as Japanese Knotweed, Basic Tree Survey & Inspection, Lantra/NPTC Machinery and Equipment including Chainsaws.
We also offer a range of public courses, mainly in the Midlands and Southern England, which individuals are welcome to attend. These are available to book online – click on the “Courses” link above for further information and booking links.
General Sports Turf Maintenance Courses
These 1-day theory courses have been designed to provide a basic overview of the machinery, equipment and processes involved in sports ground maintenance. They will be of equal benefit to those who work alone on a sports ground, including volunteers and part time grounds people, or members of groundstaff teams. They are also ideal for those new to the industry and, of course, it’s a great opportunity to spend a day with your fellow turf professionals!
The courses are accredited by Lantra Awards and are delivered by an experienced turf professional, so delegates can be sure that as well as the basic course content they will pick up lots of tips and sound advice.
Each delegate receives a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance and a copy of the comprehensive Course Manual, which contains a month-by-month annual maintenance programme for future reference and as a reminder of the techniques and skills covered on the day.
Changes to Safe Use of Pesticide training
Anyone who is required to hold a Certificate of Competence can only use pesticides without a Certificate if they are supervised for the purposes of being trained by someone who does hold a certificate.
Obtaining a Certificate of Competence is the best way of demonstrating that you are trained to use specific types of equipment, even if under the legislation you are not currently required to have one.
After 26th November 2015 everyone who uses a professional pesticide product must have a ‘specified certificate’ (i.e. currently a certificate of competence). Currently, the recognised Certificate of Competence for the use of pesticides is issued by City and Guilds Land Based services or NPTC (National Proficiency Tests Council) and the Scottish Skills Testing Service.
You can find details of all our current Safe Use of Pesticide courses here.
Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
Led by Frank Newberry, this 1-day course which has proved invaluable in helping those whose day-to-day work brings them into contact with the general public, typically school sports fields, local authority amenity land, village or community sports facilities or play areas, public parks and gardens, theme and leisure parks.
Inevitably such people will meet situations of potential conflict and misunderstanding. Such events demand well-developed communication skills if they are to be dealt with sensitively with the best possible outcome being achieved for all concerned.
Available to be delivered on site to groups of 6 or more.
Share your experience of our courses through our social media or for more information click below:
All Courses Available
Below you will find a list of all the courses available. For further information on a particular course, click the relevant title.
Those marked with an * are public courses which individuals may attend. For all other courses, we welcome group enquiries to email@example.com.
To view all our current public courses, click Booking Now.
- Booking Now
- Arboriculture Courses
- Basic Tree Survey and Inspection*
- CS30/CS31 Chainsaw Maintenance, Cross Cutting and Basic Felling Training including Refresher Courses
- Health & Safety
- Manual Handling
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- Toolbox Training Refresher Course for Machinery - Experienced Operatives
- Working at Heights
- Machinery Courses
- All Terrain Vehicles
- ATV Basic including Implements and Loads
- Brushcutters, Trimmers Maintenance and Operation
- Hand Held Hedge Trimmers
- Ride on Mowers
- Ride on/Pedestrian Operated Mowers
- Small Engine Maintenance
- Tractor Driving
- Other Courses
- Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
- Induction for Seasonal Grounds Staff
- Sports Pitch Line Marking including Athletics
- Pesticides Application
- Pesticides Application
- Stem Injection Training
- Pitchcare Training Courses
- General Sports Turf Maintenance (Cricket - Spring Preparations and Autumn Renovations)
- General Sports Turf Maintenance Course (Bowls)
- General Sports Turf Maintenance Course (Synthetic Surfaces)
- General Sports Turf Maintenance Course (Winter Sports)
- General Sports Turf Maintenance Courses
- Supervisory Essentials for Head Groundsmen and Greenkeepers Course*
Safe Use of Pesticides: This course is a legally required qualification by the Control of Pesticide Regulations for anyone applying pesticides on a commercial basis. It is divided into 13 units. Read More.