Lantra Basic Tree Survey & Inspection – Course Code: CLMC57X
This course is available for groups of 6 – 14, delivered on site.
A limited number of public courses will also be offered during the year, in the Midlands and South of England. Venus and dates will be listed in the “Courses” section of this website.
To enable course members to :
• State the legal and safety implications of hazardous trees
• Maintain your own health and safety while carrying out Basic Tree Survey and Inspection
• Recognize hazardous trees
• Determine level of risk
• Decide on an appropriate course of action
• Collect and maintain adequate information
• Recognize your own limitations
This one-day course aims to provide specific tree survey and inspection training at a basic level for contractors, highway engineers, tree wardens, grounds maintenance staff, rangers and other persons of a non-arboricultural background or with limited arboricultural knowledge, to allow them to identify obvious defects from ground level and then to report their finding to a line manager.
Who is the Course For?
Any persons employed as local authority highway inspectors, forestry, woodland or arboricultural employees, estate or park rangers, farmers and other landowners or their employees who may have a responsibility for trees in the course of their work. Additionally, this course may be useful for those who work with trees in a voluntary capacity.
There are no pre-requisites.
• Risk Assessment
• Legal Framework
• Tree Surveys
• Tree Inspections
• Tree Hazard Assessment
• Determining the scope and limits of the survey
• Parks, gardens, woodland
• Hazardous trees
• Methodology – what to look for
• Recording pro-formas
• Survey / inspection exercise
Email your details and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a price.