These courses are available for groups of 4+, delivered on site.
A half day course for people who wish to gain an insight into manual handling at a basic awareness level.
The course will enable delegates to:
- Appreciate basic functions of the spine , muscles and disks
- Understand how their job and lifestyle will have a bearing on their lifting and handling skills
- Recognise the key elements of safe lifting
- Understand how lifting aids and equipment can help reduce risk of manual handling injury
- Identify good and bad Manual Handling practices
- Appreciate the need to look closely at handling tasks to spot risks
- Know how MSD related injuries
Safe Lifting Techniques (with problem solving)
A one day course that expands on the basic awareness level described across includes additional instruction that allows delegates to:
- Solve a range of typical Manual Handling problems
- Select and use appropriate types of lifting and handling aids
- Carry out a range of more complex handling tasks
Practical Manual Handling for Managers and Supervisors
A one day course produced that provides managers and supervisors with an understanding of the law including how to carry out risk assessments for manual handling tasks.
It builds on the Manual Handling Awareness module to allow delegates to:
- Understand the legal duties applicable to Manual Handling
- Complete a risk assessment for manual handling activities
- Recognise factors that affect the degree of risk in Manual Handling tasks
- Use the HSE’s Manual Handling Assessment Chart to assist with assessments and decision making.