Lantra Awards Mobile Elevated Work Platforms – this course is available for groups of 4 +, delivered on site.
Land-based Scissor – LAA2501,02,03,04,05
Boom (self-propelled) – LAA2601,02,03,04,10
Boom (vehicle mounted) – LAA2605,06,07,08,09
CPCS Scissor – CPA2501,02,03,04,05
Boom (self-propelled) – CPA2601,02,03,04,10
Boom (vehicle mounted) – CPA2605,06,07,08,09
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. duties charts, and applicable legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Explain all displayed information on the machine.
- Carry out pre-start and running checks.
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
- Operate controls from ground level, and from within the working platform.
- Manoeuvre/travel the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access, using both forward and reverse motions.
- Travel the MEWP with the platform in a raised position (self-propelled only)
- Position the platform up to maximum working height.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Who are the courses for?
Anyone who uses or will be using a mobile elevated work platform (scissor or boom – vehicle mounted or self-propelled) in the land-based industries or construction industry.
- Novice operators – all types – 2 days
- Experienced operators – all types – 1 day
Instructor/machine/trainee ratio 1 instructor : 2 machines : 4 trainees or 1 instructor : 1 machine : 2 trainees