Lantra Awards Tractor Driving
CLVT75X, 74X, 73X, 72X, 71X
This course is available for groups of 4 +, delivered on site.
Course Objectives To enable course members to:
- To be able to carry out a risk assessment of the tasks in hand.
- Enter and leave the cab safely.
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation.
- Understand the function of all controls.
- Understand the hazards associated with some controls.
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner.
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state.
- Understand reasons for daily checks.
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling, and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state.
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement.
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement.
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state.
- Correctly attach a PTO shaft between tractor and implement.
- Attach the PTO shaft guards correctly.
- Assess the minimum turning circle of the machine and the angle of the PTO shaft.
- Carry out basic operations using tractor mounted loader.
Who is the Course For?
Suitable for all tractor drivers, both novices and experienced drivers in agriculture, amenity, forestry, industrial and horticulture industries.
1 to 5 days, dependent on the drivers experience and the sections to be included. Classroom and practical
Contributes knowledge towards units where tractors are used, eg ‘Transport Mechanically’ and ‘Establish Crop by Mechanical Means’ at levels 1, 2 & 3 in Production NVQs/SVQs ‘Crop and Livestock’, Mechanised Field Crop’ and ‘Fruit Crop’. Also contributes towards NVQ level 2 and SVQ levels 2 and 3 in ‘Estate Maintenance’.
Instructor/Trainee Ratio Max: 1:4, or in some cases 1:2
Preparation and Maintenance Safe procedures and observation Safe driving and handling of tractor Hitching/manoeuvring with trailer implements Fitting and operation of PTO’s Hitching/manoeuvring with mounted implements Basic use of a tractor mounted loader
Overalls/safety boots Ear defenders (if applicable). Operators Instruction Books for own machinery