LANTRA Annual Maintenance Techniques for Synthetic Sports Surfaces
This training course, accredited by Lantra Awards, is available to be delivered on site to groups of 6 – 10 people.
The course has been developed by Pitchcare.com Limited in association with Sweepfast Limited. Delegates attending the Basic Synthetic Sports Turf Course and using the accompanying manual will gain confidence in their abilities and be equipped to develop their own skills, working knowledge and expertise.
The course is designed to provide a basic knowledge of synthetic sports turf maintenance. It enables the Groundsman to grasp the basic needs of synthetic sports surfaces throughout a 12 month period. Included within the course manual are detailed instructions for a comprehensive range of maintenance operations, together with a table illustrating the frequency with which these should be carried out over the course of a year.
The course will benefit a Groundsman working alone or as a member of a bigger organisation. Delegates each receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance and will learn:
- To consider and provide safe working practice when completing all tasks and operations on synthetic sports turf.
- To understand and appreciate the general requirements of play for synthetic sports turf.
- To be able to provide playing surfaces to the required standard of play.
- To carry out all maintenance operations in the correct sequence ensuring the best surface.
- To understand the difference between materials and products available for the maintenance and renovation of sythetic sports turf.
- To understand and be able to carry out repairs to the synthetic sports turf surface after each game.
- To have an understand of, and be able to carry out basic maintenance to, all machinery and tools used before.
Topics covered include:
- Why have sythetic surfaces – the need for regular maintenance
- Key synthetic sports turf requirements
- Typical construction methods – Engineered Profile, Dynamic Profile
- The Different Types of Synthetic Surface
- Problems Encountered
- Basic Maintenance Operations
- Specialist Maintenance Operations
- Maintenance Schedules
- Health and Safety
For more information, or to discuss your particular requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01902 440 256