This 1-day, Lantra accredited course is designed to provide a basic knowledge of synthetic sports turf maintenance.
The course is available for groups of 4 or more. Please send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Occasional open courses are held in central and southern England and details are listed on the Courses page of this website. Bookings can be made online.
This course enables the Groundsman to grasp the basic needs of synthetic sports surfaces throughout a 12 month period. Included within the course manual are detailed instructions for a comprehensive range of maintenance operations, together with a table illustrating the frequency with which these should be carried out over the course of a year.
The course will benefit any Groundsman – full or part-time, who is responsible for the condition of synthetic sports surfaces. Delegates each receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance.
Next available course
Wednesday 17 February, Stamford, Lincolnshire
£150.00 + VAT
Last booking date Tuesday 9 February BOOK NOW
The course will benefit a Groundsman working alone or as a member of a bigger organisation. Delegates each receive a Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance and will learn:
- To consider and provide safe working practice when completing all tasks and operations on synthetic sports turf.
- To understand and appreciate the general requirements of play for synthetic sports turf.
- To be able to provide playing surfaces to the required standard of play.
- To carry out all maintenance operations in the correct sequence ensuring the best surface.
- To understand the difference between materials and products available for the maintenance and renovation of synthetic sports turf.
- To understand and be able to carry out repairs to the synthetic sports turf surface after each game.
- To have an understand of, and be able to carry out basic maintenance to, all machinery and tools used before.
Topics covered include:
- Why have synthetic surfaces – the need for regular maintenance
- Key synthetic sports turf requirements
- Typical construction methods – Engineered Profile, Dynamic Profile
- The Different Types of Synthetic Surface
- Problems Encountered
- Basic Maintenance Operations
- Specialist Maintenance Operations
- Maintenance Schedules
- Health and Safety
For more information, or to discuss your particular requirements, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01902 440 256